jeudi 7 avril 2011

How the HECK do I start a blog?!

Hi?
I've been flirting with the idea of writing a blog since I read the book "The Happiness Project" (So inspiring, so good, highly recommend it!!) a couple months ago. Since I'm a real procrastinator, it took me a while to write those first words. But THERE WE GO!!!!!!! Tadaaammmm.....it's done. I can't backtrack. I don't know exactly what my motivations are, but anyway, I'm doing it!! I heard it's super therapeutic.....It's kinda fun too. So far. I don't have the technological skills to fully understand how to do this (I'm freakin lost. what's an HTML?) but I'll try reaaaal hard to commit to this blog and write at least 2-3 times a week. I started the writing of a book 5 years ago, still working on it (told ya imma procrastinator) and I thought, why not start a blog, see if people like to read my posts, see if I truly enjoy writing, and then kick my own butt and finish the book.
I'm not gonna try to be funny, original, hipster, mysterious, or even ENTERTAIN YOU GUYS. It's a personnal project, an open journal, where I can vomit on paper (computerized paper) every thoughts that come to my mind. Hopefully, some of you will like it. I'd LOVE some feedback too. Be harsh, brutally honest. I'm trying to be a little less sensitive, you know, less emotionally affected by what other people thinks, and transform the critics into advices. USE them. Get better at what I do and the way I do it. 
I'm also in a circle of spiritual crisises since last year, or maybe the year before. I wanna run, I wanna be far from home, from people who knows me too well, from commitment. I don't want anything to tie me down, I just want to make my life "mine", enjoy every second of it, do whatever the hell I want, right the minute it crosses my mind.
Kk. Also, know that I'm French Canadian, and SO PROUD to be one. I hear you, "why the hell you writing in english, you idiot". Well because pretty much everyone understands English, but not many people understand French, and I want to be accessible to a large group of fellow bloggers and readers. But I'll use my french that's for sure. Ps I just spilled coffee all over myself, my sofa and my book (My War, Killing Time in Iraq by Colby Buzzell) so I don't know why that would be interesting for you to know, but as I said before, I'm gonna write every single thing I want, interesting or not.
Welcome to my life. Aha soooooooo CHEEZY. Totally.
Enjoy, cheers, love, and have a very nice day <3

Catherine
xx
Ps sorry if my writing sucks, if my vocabularly isn't very evolved, if my use of verb tenses is wrong, if my grammatical skills are non-existent and if I'm about as good at this as a 7years old first essay. English is NOT my 1st language.