lundi 11 avril 2011

Let me be careless please.

At some point in your life, you start to realize who truly cares about you. You might not be close with them, but for some strange reason, they have found something in you that makes them want to stand by your side no matter what.

The sad thing is that sometimes, the people YOU care about the most, the ones you give your everything, well they don't care about you. They might be pretending, you might believe they are when they are not. Or maybe, MAYBE, they really do, but they aren't good at showing it so then how can you believe they really do care? I'm skeptical about that last one though. To me, it's not hard to show someone I care about them. I'm far from being perfect, but I put lots of energy to show the people I love how much I care about them, just to make sure, when the hard times come, that they know I'll be by their side, no matter what.

I guess at some point you have to let go. If it's not worth it, if they don't give a sh*t about you, let go. It makes it even harder to do so, because YOU CARE. You wish you didn't. You wish you could forget about them and erase them of your life. Some old friends I had in the past hurt me. More than anyone ever did. They betrayed me, they stabbed me in the back, but I still care about them. I really do. I will always be there, and as cheesy as it might sound, it's true. I don't know what's going on in their lives, but if they ever need me again, I will be there by their side, no matter what.

And then you wish, "maybe they just didn't know how to show it".